Breaking Barriers: Paving New Paths in I/O Psychology
2024 Inaugural Conference & Gala
Powered by Blacks in I/O Psychology, Inc
Thursday, February 22 - Friday, February 23, 2024
1. When and where is the conference taking place?
The conference will take place on Thursday, February 22 - Friday, February 23, 2024 in Atlanta, GA at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park.
2. How can I register for the conference?
Please navigate to this link.
3. What is included in the registration fee?
The 2-day conference, daily Lunch & Snacks, (1) ticket to the BIOP awards ceremony/gala, dinner at the gala and more!
4. Can I get a refund if I am unable to attend?
Conference registration fees will not be reimbursed for cancellations. You have the option to seek a registration transfer to another person who can attend the conference in 2024, or allocate the fee towards your registration for the 2025 conference instead. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis. To request a transfer of registration fees, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to February 1, 2024. Please note that any transfer requests made after February 1, 2024 will not be approved.
5. Is there a group discount available?
Yes, group discounts are available attendees from the same school or organization. Please follow this link for more information on group rates.
6. Can I bring a guest to the conference?
Yes, guests are allowed to attend conference sessions. Guests must register for the conference and pay full registration fees. You can register your guest as you are checking out.
7. Are meals provided during the conference?
Yes, meals and refreshments are included in your registration fee. Please check the conference agenda for details on meal timings and locations.
8. What should I do if I have dietary restrictions?
Please inform us of any dietary restrictions during the registration process.
9. How can I access presentation materials after the conference?
Presentation materials, when available, will be shared on our conference website or sent via email to registered attendees after the event.
10. Is there a dress code for the conference?
The dress code is smart casual. We recommend bringing a sweater or jacket as meeting room temperatures may vary.
11. Is there a dress code for the gala?
The dress code foe the gala is cocktail attire.
12. Can I volunteer at the conference?
We appreciate your interest in volunteering. Please sign up to volunteer here.
1. I’m interested in sponsoring the conference, but I am unable to pay the full amount at once. Is payment via installments possible?
Yes, we understand and accommodate various payment needs. Payment via installments is possible. Please contact email@example.com to discuss a suitable arrangement for your sponsorship.
2. My university/company wants to sponsor the conference. What is the process?
To initiate the sponsorship process, kindly visit our sponsorship page on our conference website (https://blacksinio.org/Sponsorship) for detailed information and instructions. If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. My university/organization wants to sponsor the conference, but we did not do so before the January 5th, 2024 deadline. Are there still ways that we can contribute?
While the official deadline has passed, we are open to discussing late contributions. Please contact our team at email@example.com to explore available options and discuss how your university/organization can still contribute to the conference.
4. Each sponsorship package includes the inclusion of a university/company/organization-specific promotional item giveaway in the conference swag bags for attendees. What are the logistics beyond my organization providing these items?
We are requesting 175 items. Ensure they are delivered to the address below by February 20, 2024. If the items are not received by that date, there is no guarantee that they will be included in the swag bag. All items must be shipped for receipt on/before February 20, 2024. Large, pallet size packages (48"X40" or 160 square ft) will incur package storage fees. Deliver all items to:
Embassy Suites - Centennial Olympic Park
ATTN: Lindsay Delsin
67 Marietta St NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
5. Do sponsors get complimentary hotel accommodations?
Some sponsor packages include complimentary conference/gala registration and meal tickets. However, overnight hotel accommodations are not provided. For information on current rates and booking details at our conference hotel, please visit our conference webpage https://blacksinio.org/Hotel-Information.
6. Do sponsors who have invested more get larger exhibitor spaces?
All exhibitor spaces are the same size for this year.
7. How much time do exhibitors have to get their tables set up before the start of the conference?
Exhibitors will have dedicated time for setup before the conference begins. You can come the night before to set up or you can come the morning of. Exhibitors booths should be set up before 8am.