- How do I vote?
When the voting period opens, you will vote online, via the Blacks in I/O website. As a member, you will receive voting links and reminders during the voting period. You must be logged in to vote. If you are having trouble logging in, please click "forgot password" or email email@example.com.
- How can I find more information on the nominees?
We will release additional information on candidates as they become available.
- Can I ask the nominees questions?
Yes, please plan to attend the "Meet the Candidates" meeting on Wednesday, October 13th at 6pm ET.
- Can I nominate myself?
Yes, self-nominations are allowed.
- Can I nominate someone who is not a Blacks in I/O member
No, all nominees must be active Blacks in I/O members. Please check the "Member Directory" to ensure your nominee is a BIOP member!
- What is the criteria to become a Board Member?
- Current member of Blacks in I/O in good standing
- Proven leadership experience (graduate leadership experience will be considered)
- Availability and commitment to participate in all Board meetings and willingness to devote an estimated 3-5 hours weekly to the strategic efforts of the organization.
- Ability to comply with the Board's Code of Conduct
- Previous philanthropic or volunteer experience
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Ability to work in diverse group settings
- Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and strategically